Previously known as “CSA” (Community Supported Agriculture), our “Farm Share” program allows customers to invest in our farm and farmers by paying upfront or in monthly installments for several weeks of vegetables throughout the season. This gives the customer a chance to deepen their engagement with our program and learn about the seasonality of farming in Kansas City, while giving the farmers an expanded and reliable market for their produce.
This year, we are offering three distinct seasons:
- Spring Greens Vegetable Share – March 25-April 29 — $16/ week (+ tax)
- Early Summer Vegetable Share – May 12-July 22 – $24/week (+ tax)
- Late Summer Vegetable Share – Aug. 4-Oct. 14 – $24/week (+ tax)
Buy both summer seasons and get one week free! Additionally, we are excited to open our online Farm Store where customers with an account can purchase seasonal “Add-On” items to their weekly shares.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, our team has decided that all vegetable shares will be pre-packaged and available for curbside pick-up at each of our public locations. Customers are encouraged not to get out of their car, while staff deliver their produce through their car windows or trunks. You can find us at each public location with a New Roots sign and outdoor tent/table. Staff will be masked and gloved while handling produce. For more information about our safety and procedures, please refer to the “COVID-19” tab on our webpage.
How Our CSA Works
1. Set up an account in Local Food Marketplace here.
2. Select a pick-up location
- Plexpod Westport Commons, Wednesdays 11:30-1:00pm (300 E 39th Street, KCMO)
- Black and Veatch World Headquarters, Wednesday 4:30-6pm (11401 Lamar Ave, Overland Park, KS 66211
- KCK Merc, Thursdays 11:30am-1pm (501 Minnesota Ave., Kansas City, KS 66101)
- Ten Thousand Villages, Thursdays 4:30-6:00pm (7947 Santa Fe Drive, Overland Park, KS)
- Private Deliveries available to any location for groups of 10 or more. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Learn more about our subscriptions and select your share
- Spring Greens Vegetable Share (March 25-April 29)
- Early Summer Vegetable Share (May 12-July 22)
- Late Summer Vegetable Share (Aug. 4-Oct. 14)
4. Select any add-ons
5. Select your payment plan
- Payment in full
- Multiple Installments (depending on share selected)
- Weekly payments
6. Select your payment method (check or debit/credit card) & pay your deposit
7. Read the Farm Share Newsletter every week for updates, pick up your share weekly from your selected location, and enjoy the bounty!
The produce for our Farm Share is aggregated from multiple farmers in the training program. By pooling produce from the 16 farmers growing at Juniper Gardens Training Farm, we can address issues of inconsistent produce quality, communication difficulties due to language barriers, irregular pick up times, and crop failure.
See Farm Share FAQ’s for more information.
Questions? Contact CSA Specialist, Paw Wah Tamla, at email@example.com